Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Vigil (and what happened after) 2009

The St. Agatha Easter Vigil is a teeny weeny bit different from the one at St. Lawrence. The biggest and most glaring difference is that the liturgy at St. Agatha is a whole lot better that at St. Lawrence. The second difference was a tad bit painful; it was the music. I'm used to having a full choir with an awesome organist (who also happens to be my godfather) who have been practicing for months. What I got was a one-lady choir and and very sweet Lutheran organist. It wasn't so bad until she started mispronouncing words in Panis Angelicus. The third difference was that I actually knew some of the Catecumens and candidates. It's always fun to able to congratulate people. So, aside from the music. it was a beautiful Mass.
After Mass, there was a reception. Dennis, Evan, Gemma, and I, naturally, got into a long and ramble-y conversation. It continued all through dinner, through my parents leaving (yeah, I knew they were going), and right through getting kicked out of the social hall. As we stood in the dark, cold parking lot at 12:30 am, one of us said,
"Hey, let's go to Waffle House!"
Everyone else said, "Yeah!"
"Sure!"
"Whatever!"
So we went to Waffle House.
Gemma and I rode with Evan, while Hanna, another buddy of Gemma's, rode with Dennis. Dennis had to sop for gas, so our car got to the delightful Waffle House first. We got some weird looks as we walked in, mainly because there were two girls in ankle-length skirts and blouses and one guy in ironed khakis and a dress shirt. We were laughing about this as we sat down.
"Tee hee maybe we're Mormon Polygamists."
That got Evan started, "Ha ha. (Top Gemma) You're my wife, and you (to me) are my child bride."
"That means Hanna and Dennis are engaged."
Then, we ordered two coffees (to Gem and Evan) and three waters, which kind of ticked off our waitress. So, we continued our conversation until about 1:57 am. Finally, I had to put my foot down and insist it was time to take the child bride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment