Monday, September 20, 2010

Germany: The Play

We went to Oberammergau at the end of our trip. I hadn't really given much thought to the play until then. I was having a blast in Munich, and was loathe to leave it. Oberammergau is about 10 km from Munich, but our group took its time driving through the Alps. When we got there we were bombarded by shopping opportunities. I like to shop, but this was a little much.

The play started at 2:30, and as we took our seats, I really didn't know what to expect. The first scene was the Entry into Jerusalem and the last was the Resurrection. I thought it was amazing (total understatement). The scenes from the Passion were interwoven with tableaux that showed scenes from the Old Testament. I think these confused a lot of people, but, if you thought about it, you could see that all these Old Testament stories pointed to Jesus.

I can't tell you how well Jesus was played. You could really see his despair in the garden.  I thought it was perfect.

If you want to see pictures or videos, I posted a link to their website in an earlier post.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sounds really awesome! and such fun! I bet you had a terrific time!

    ReplyDelete