Saturday, April 9, 2011

Confidence

Some of you who know me personally probably know that I have a major confidence problem. You know that I have awesome ideas but am too afraid to carry them out. You know that I shake visibly before I give a speech. You probably have also seen how I get stage fright during a recital or concert. Today, however someone said something that really struck me:"You get your confidence from the Lord."

Here I am going, "How did this never occur to me? After years and years of reading the Bible and going to Mass, how did I never get this simple message?"  I mean how many Bible verses are there about trusting in the Lord? I've always wanted to be confident, and this never, ever occurred to me? I am honestly still flabbergasted at my own stupidity, but it's really humbling because I know how much I need God, especially in that area of my life.

So I'm really going to be working on this throughout the next little while. Maybe I'll even make this a series. I'm not sure.


Here's a pray to St. Anthony

Most holy St. Anthony, Beloved Friend of Jesus, I place myself in your heavenly care. Be with me, especially in life's troubles and difficulties. Intercede before the Lord for me, so that I may confidently know I do not face my problems alone.
I join my prayers to yours, O Great Saint, as I ask God to give me consolation in times of sorrow, courage when I am afraid, and healing from all the ills that afflict me.
Obtain for me from God, Most High, the grace to accept whatever is God's holy will for me and my loved ones. Strengthen my faith so that I will never despair, but always have hope in God's healing presence and power in my life. Amen.
Prayer from Here




No comments:

Post a Comment