I know, I know, you're all sick and tired of hearing about it, but I think it deserves at least a short-ish post.
Verity and I got up around 3:15 this morning to watch the wedding. We settled down with a pot of tea, an Union Jack (left over from the Queen's Golden Jubilee), A Paddington bear, and my tartan doll, Maggie. When we finally got the video to load on my computer, the first thing we heard was that the Queen had given William and Catherine the titles the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Now I''m not usually one to tell person information, but I grew up in Cambridge, so needless to say, this was a big deal to me.
I was also thrilled by Catherine's wedding gown. Okay, who wouldn't be? I was so afraid that she had picked something trendy and, to be honest, frilly, but her dress was incredibly classic. I was also delighted by the fact that it was quite modest. I really think that the dress was perfect for a future queen.
Finally the wedding itself was very nice. The Bishop of London gave a very good sermon on the purpose of marriage which I think was very well done. I think so many people forget the point of matrimony, and the Bishop's homily really brought people back down to earth. The music was fantastic too. The Ubi Caritas was, without a doubt, my favorite piece.
Maybe I will post more later, but right now I am very tired...
Verity and I got up around 3:15 this morning to watch the wedding. We settled down with a pot of tea, an Union Jack (left over from the Queen's Golden Jubilee), A Paddington bear, and my tartan doll, Maggie. When we finally got the video to load on my computer, the first thing we heard was that the Queen had given William and Catherine the titles the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Now I''m not usually one to tell person information, but I grew up in Cambridge, so needless to say, this was a big deal to me.
I was also thrilled by Catherine's wedding gown. Okay, who wouldn't be? I was so afraid that she had picked something trendy and, to be honest, frilly, but her dress was incredibly classic. I was also delighted by the fact that it was quite modest. I really think that the dress was perfect for a future queen.
Finally the wedding itself was very nice. The Bishop of London gave a very good sermon on the purpose of marriage which I think was very well done. I think so many people forget the point of matrimony, and the Bishop's homily really brought people back down to earth. The music was fantastic too. The Ubi Caritas was, without a doubt, my favorite piece.
Maybe I will post more later, but right now I am very tired...
No comments:
Post a Comment