Listen to me, O coastlands,
and harken, you peoples from
afar.
The Lord called me from the womb,
from the body of my mother he
named my name.
He made my mouth like a sharp
sword,
in the shadow of his hand he
hid me;
he made me a polished arrow,
in his quiver he hid me away.
And he said to me, "You are my
servant,
Israel in whom I will be glorified."
But I said, "I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for
nothing but vanity;
yet surely my right is with the Lord,
and my recompense with
my God."
And now the Lord says,
who formed me from the womb to
be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him,
and that Israel might be gathered
to him,
for I am honored in the eyes of the
Lord,
and my God has become my
strength-
he says:
"It is too light a thing that you
should be my servant
to raise up the tribes of Jacob
and to restore the preserved of
Israel;
I will give you as a light to the
nations,
that my salvation may reach to
the end of the earth."
Thus says the Lord,
the Redeemer of Israel and his
Holy One,
to one deeply despised , abhorred by
the nations,
the servant of rulers:
"Kings shallsee and arise;
princes, and they shall prostrate
themselves;
because of the Lord, who is faithful,
the Holy One of Israel, who has
chosen you."
-Isaiah 49:1-7
I read this today, and it seemed to give me an answer to a question I hadn't even formed yet; "what should I do?" I am now finished with high school, and, on Monday, I will graduate along with three of my close friends. It seems like just yesterday that I was starting ninth grade. At that point I though high school would never ever end. But it did end and very quietly too. I printed off my last paper, and that was it. Then I asked myself, "Now what?"
I've been asking that question for three days, as I wander aimlessly from room to room. It's too early to start packing for college. It's too late to buckle down and improve my math grades, so "Now what?" Then when I read this passage, God simply answered my question, "You are my servant. That should give you plenty to do. This is what you were born for. You have work to do."
and harken, you peoples from
afar.
The Lord called me from the womb,
from the body of my mother he
named my name.
He made my mouth like a sharp
sword,
in the shadow of his hand he
hid me;
he made me a polished arrow,
in his quiver he hid me away.
And he said to me, "You are my
servant,
Israel in whom I will be glorified."
But I said, "I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for
nothing but vanity;
yet surely my right is with the Lord,
and my recompense with
my God."
And now the Lord says,
who formed me from the womb to
be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him,
and that Israel might be gathered
to him,
for I am honored in the eyes of the
Lord,
and my God has become my
strength-
he says:
"It is too light a thing that you
should be my servant
to raise up the tribes of Jacob
and to restore the preserved of
Israel;
I will give you as a light to the
nations,
that my salvation may reach to
the end of the earth."
Thus says the Lord,
the Redeemer of Israel and his
Holy One,
to one deeply despised , abhorred by
the nations,
the servant of rulers:
"Kings shallsee and arise;
princes, and they shall prostrate
themselves;
because of the Lord, who is faithful,
the Holy One of Israel, who has
chosen you."
-Isaiah 49:1-7
I read this today, and it seemed to give me an answer to a question I hadn't even formed yet; "what should I do?" I am now finished with high school, and, on Monday, I will graduate along with three of my close friends. It seems like just yesterday that I was starting ninth grade. At that point I though high school would never ever end. But it did end and very quietly too. I printed off my last paper, and that was it. Then I asked myself, "Now what?"
I've been asking that question for three days, as I wander aimlessly from room to room. It's too early to start packing for college. It's too late to buckle down and improve my math grades, so "Now what?" Then when I read this passage, God simply answered my question, "You are my servant. That should give you plenty to do. This is what you were born for. You have work to do."
Congratulations!! May God pour many blessings and clarity upon you at this time in your life!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
ReplyDelete