Recently, I checked out St. Faustina's Diary, Divine Mercy In My Soul, from St. Agatha's library. I really like it; a) because it's readable and b) because St. Faustina and I totally click. I've got to say, as much as I love St. Therese, She is very hard to read. St. Faustina is very organized and very, I don't was to say brief, condensed. She get's all the information in there in an orderly fashion, which is very agreeable to readers like me.
The other book I've been reading is Samuel Pepys' Diary, which is killing me. He wrote a paragraph a day for nine years. He is very pompous and, honestly, annoying. Pepys' has a fascination for writing about people with long names and titles to match. The one really good thing about the Diary is it provides an insight into what is was like to be caught up in 15th century politics. Everything from court gossip to a description of seeing peoples' severed limbs hung out for display. I'm not exactly sure if I love it or hate it. I guess I'm just kind of indifferent, y'know,like, "blah."
No comments:
Post a Comment