Monday, July 6, 2009

News And Plans

Well, it's July... Where has the summer gone? Why haven't I accomplished half the stuff I was going to do? I am so...Well,there's only one word for it, confuseled.
Our 4th of July went off without a hitch. Not like there was that much to mess up. We cooked out on our minuscule, $6 grill, we lit little things called snakes and watched them do their thing; then we went downtown and caught the tail-end of the parade and watched fireworks. Mostly, we did a lot of cooking. I made this awesome desert thing, a faux Greek salad, and same cactus salsa stuff. It was a good day (even though the fireworks were behind the trees).
Sunday was...eventful. Fr. B. was on a mission trip last week, and so we had a substitute who was not so good at this whole liturgy thing. So this week we were all excited that everything would be back to its usual state of perfection this week. WRONG! Some Missionaries Of The Poor came, which was alright, but sadly, they brought Berry. Berry was basically part of an advertisement for a musical the brothers were putting on to raise funds. Berry sang some really dreadful, faux Jamaican, uh, songs. It was quite terrible.
Today, Mrs. Gemma's mom called to ask if we needed bread. Mrs. Gemma's mom receives trash bags of bread on a regular basis and gives it to us. We always need bread, and so we set of to meet her at the dance studio. If I haven't told you before Gemma and all her siblings are amazing Irish dancers. So, not only did we get free bread, but we also got to watch them dance. And I got to see Gemma for the first time in what seems like ages (in reality, a week). Then, we had to go home so I could get on with my school.

Th-th-that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment