Monday, August 31, 2009

Hopeless Romantic

What two qualities do you want most in your future husband?
Well, if he's not Jesus... He'd have to be a strong Catholic. That's a non negotiable. We would have to agree on faith and morals; I don't think a marriage could last without that. That's not a quality, okay, that's a requirement.

He has to be easy going. Not easy going to the point of not caring at all, but the kind of guy who is okay with last minute plans, wacky meals, and could actually put up with living with me and all my drama. :p That's one of my main favorite qualities.

The other qualities might seem a wee bit superficial, sorry. He has to be taller than me, and as I'm about 5'4" that shouldn't be much of a problem. Preferably he should carry the gene for red hair, so our kids can have it. He also has to be hansom and charming. Yes, it's hopeless, I know.

Is there a fictional character you see as a model for your future husband?

Anton from Summer Of My German Soldier and Johnathan Gardner from They Loved To Laugh

Where do you want your wedding?

The Cathedral. No question.


What are your views on courtship?


Dating can get really selfish very fast. You start to isolate yourself from your family and spend all your time with or talking to that person. I would love to have someone to dance with at ceilis and someone to hang out with. Going places alone would be fun, but so would be spending time with each other's families and friends. I'm more for the permanent boyfriend thing. Breaking up is just too much drama, but sometimes it is necessary. So, yeah, I'm totally for the old-fashioned courtship thing, just so long my brothers don't have to sit in on every conversation.

What are your views on first kiss?

Don't give it away to just anyone!When you give him a real kiss, you're giving him something that can't be replaced. It's a kind of virginity. A sweet kiss on the cheek is fine, but save the real thing for your wedding or at least until after he proposes. You'll really regret letting some boy have it.


Do you have a purity ring/locket?

I had a family heirloom, diamond ring I wore as a purity ring, but until it gets repaired, I'm wearing a rosary ring blessed by Pope John Paul II.

Do you have a hope chest?

No. There are a few pieces of silver and other small things that my Mum and grandmother have set aside for me. But I'm not going to bother making one until I discern my vocation.

Will you wear a veil at your wedding?

I always wear a veil in mass, so yes.

What kind of wedding dress do you want?

Something modest enough I can wear in church and then dance the night away in. Something ballgown-y and floaty, maybe a little vintage-ish.

What flowers do you want in your bouquet?


Tropicana roses and either mint or lavender. It has to look beautiful and smell good, too. My aunt put mint in the bridesmaids' bouquets at her wedding and they were wonderful!

What do you want to name one of your daughters?


I'm not big on naming kids after their parents, mainly because there's a lot of that in my family. I want to give all my girls Marian names, even if the names aren't obviously Marian. Some of my favorite names, right now, are: Maria, Kathleen, and Rosalie

What do you want to name one of your sons?

Although I'm not big on the whole name your kids after yourself thing, I wouldn't mind having a son named after his father as long as he had a decent nickname , so I wouldn't get the two confused. Probably my favorite boy name, right now, is Vincent Joseph.

Do you believe in the 'knight-in-shining-armor' view of courtship?

Yes. Is that reality? No. I believe that men should always treat their ladies with the utmost respect. What girl isn't totally flattered to have the car door opened for her or have a hand to take when accepting an invitation to dance? Little courteous attentions are just about the sweetest thing a lady can receive. White horse and armor, optional.

What music do you want at your wedding?

As my organist godfather would never forgive me if I had bad music at my wedding I have to think carefully. Some of my favorite hymns are The King Of Love, Ye Watchers and Ye Holy Ones, and O God Beyond All Praising. But as my family and I are chant fanatics I'd probably throw a couple of those in too.

Are you a hopeless romantic?

Wait, wait, wait! I just filled out this thing, and you still have to ask?

Thanks, Rose!
http://ladyoftherose.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment