I started easing back into the school routine this week. Latin started Wednesday, but I still don't have my textbook. I managed to get through about twenty chapters in my Geometry book, during the summer, which is pretty good. At this point, I can actually lift my backpack to take it to the college where I'm doing dual-enrollment, but I'm not sure what I'll do when I add all my subjects (and their textbooks) this week. Right now, I'm just really, really, reallyreallyreally ready for Christmas Break.
I'm going to be teaching a beginning Latin class, this semester. Father B. teaches Latin for 3rd grade and up, so I'm going to teach the younger ones. I'm going to use Prima Latina. I'm thinking the book will help me with getting the basics out there, and I can add in other things for fun. Hopefully, this is going to start in a few weeks, and I'm a bit nervous.
My eleven year-old brother, Cole, has gotten really involved in Boy Scouts in the past month. He was in Webelos (We'll Be Loyal Scouts) in TN, but his troop was not where near as active as this one. He's working on his second merit badge, now. It's really cute to watch him do all the research and see how responsible he's gotten. Of course, Conrad, how is seven, is ready to join Cub Scouts, so he can be just like Cole. My widdle bwudders are so gwown up!
Speaking of grown up, Conrad is going to make his first Holy Communion, this year. My Mum is teaching the class at St. Agatha's, so Con got to make his a year earlier than we had originally planned (Mum held him back a grade). He was so cute, all summer, talking about how he was going to be in the class. I'm so excited for him, because my first Communion wasn't as big a deal as his will be.
I've got a few prayer intentions for this month. The first is for my friend's Grandmother, who was just diagnosed with lung cancer. The second is my cousin, Missy, who is currently working in a school in Turkey. If you could just pray for them that would be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment