Now that I've said that... I had a really hard time at first. It wasn't the classes or the reading or even the writing. It was the people. I have a very hard time dealing with people for long periods of time, and Arete included a lot of together time. However once I got used to everyone, I had a, there's no other word for it, blast.
The second hardest part of the program was definitely the seminars. An hour and a half of discussion time is really difficult if you are a fairly quiet person. I will say, though, as hard as it was, seminars were amazing. We divided into groups and then talked about the lectures and reading. By the end, all the seminar groups were really close.
My favorite part of the whole thing has got to be the lectures. All the professors were absolutely fabulous! My favorite lecture was on Flannery O'Connor's Revelation and was given by Dr. Kathleen Burke. I wanna be Dr. Burke when I grow up! The other lectures were also amazing, especially the ones given by Dr. Louise Cowan who designed the UD core curriculum. She is an amazing lady. She had Oedipus Rex memorized! Anyway the very best part of the whole entire thing was the lectures and professors!
As for the people who I wasn't sure I was going to get along with. We are all the best of friends now. Thanks to facebook, we are able to keep talking, discussing, writing, and sharing ideas. Our next move will be writing a book together. No, seriously, we're already making plans! Anyway here are a few pictures :)
Almost everyone at the last dance
Our t-shirts
Fort Worth
Outside the cafeteria
A really bad picture of people at s'mores night
More pictures to come!





No comments:
Post a Comment