Okay, so at the beginning of the school year (three whole weeks ago), I was determined to spend less time on facebook more time on the blog. Has this happened? Uh, no. *Sorry, guys*
Anyway this semester I'm taking English (lit.), Algebra II, Chem., History of ideas, violin, and something else which I can't remember right now. Contrary to all my expectations I am kinda sorta enjoying Chem. I mean, I don't love it, but it's not the h-e-double-hockey-stick I thought it was going to be. I love history1 I'm using Anthony Esolen's Politically Incorrect Guide to Western Civilization, and it's amazing. English is a bit boring because I'm STILL reading Middlemarch by George Elliot. It's a great book, but it goes in forever, and I even skipped all the political parts! I'm very happy with my classes this year.
Violin is amazing! My teacher is a very nice man with a very heavy accent and a tendency to get over excited about things. In five weeks we've finished Suzuki book 3. We don't do the whole Suzuki-cult thing, but we do use the books. He's made me work so hard, but my playing has gotten so much better. I'm also joining the youth orchestra he's starting. I'm really excited about this, but I'm also very nervous because I've never done orchestra before, and becuase I get so freaked out when people watch me play. Hopefully I'll get over that.
I am also very happy to announce that I have found a new friend. When Gemma left I was anticipating a really lonely, boring year. However God brought a new friend into my life a week after Gemma left. I can't tell you how excited I am.
Okay, finally, my biggest piece of news *DRUMROLL PLEASE* I'm leaving for Germany this Friday! My grandmother and I will be traveling first to Munich and then to Oberammergau to see the Passion Play! I am so excited to have this amazing opportunity, and I pinky swear that I will have a lot of posts about it. So please pray for safe travel for us (and that I don't embarrass myself trying to speak German).
Yeah, what else are you taking? I wrote all those lessons plans, and I still can't remember.
ReplyDeletewow! Germany! Awesome! Good luck...lots of it!! Sounds like school is going great! I like History, too! And YES!! Lit always seems to take 4ever!! Plenty of luck to you!
ReplyDelete