Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Fourth Day of Christmas

Yes, I did indeed steal the title of this post from My Mum. Anyway I'm celebrating my way through the twelve days of Christmas!

Christmas Eve began with listening to Nine Lessons and Carols by the Choir of King's College, Cambridge. It was wonderful, but they didn't sing my favorite carol. So here it is:



We went to the vigil Mass, and after that we all trekked over to Father B's house for our annual merriment. There was plenty of food and fun. Gemma is home from college, and we got to have a nice, long chat. 

 On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree
Believe it or not we had a white Christmas! That's right for the first time in 63 years it snowed on Christmas day! We started our day at the outrageously late hour of 7:00 AM by having the usual gift extravaganza. Then we had a big breakfast of cran-apple breakfast casserole, a yummy German bread with a name I can't spell, and orange juice. Okay, okay first we ate chocolate, THEN we had breakfast.



On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.
 We basically just hung around and ate left overs which was glorious. Okay, sorry about the scruffy choristers this video, but this is the version of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" I learned in the UK



On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.


My Grandma left on the 27th. After we had dropped her off at the airport, Conrad and I took the dog for a walk in the snow.  Here is the beginning of the Nine Lessons and Carols in 2004.



On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me  four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

He also appears to have given me a cold and cabin fever. Gosh, I wanna get out of the house, but I'll just blog and listen to Christmas music instead.



 No, I cannot get enough of the Choir of King's College Cambridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment