My friends over at TWA of a Busy Catholic Girl posted a list of things every homeschooling girl should have. Here are my "must haves".
1) Prayer. I normally start my school day with the Rosary and a reading from the Bible. Right now I'm also reading Prepare the Way: Advent Meditations by Dr. Ron Thomas at Belmont Abbey College.
2) Sustenance. I start my day with a cup of white coffee with two teaspoons sugar and munch on apples while I work.
3) Inspiration. I have a picture of St. Gerard next to my desk, and when I'm feeling low, I make some plans for my graduation or read the Newman Guide to Choosing a Catholic College.
4)Music. I listen to all kinds of music, but my favorite "work" music includes Dvorak, Celine Dion, Josh Groban, and various country stuff. The Plain White T's have a new album out now, and it sounds pretty awesome too (In a slightly strange way).
5) A cute, comfy outfit. I find that I am much more motivated when I am well-dressed. I really don't know why. I like to wear a knee-length skirt, tights, a top, and a cute sweater
Okay, I have to go do my homework now :P
Hi! Awesome post! It's so cool seeing a fellow home-school Catholic girl's blog! So exciting!!:)
ReplyDeleteI'm in 11th grade. I saw your were looking at Newman's Guide. Where are you thinking of going?
Peace! Happy Advent!:) I also have some work to do now! haha
Hey! Thanks. It seems like every homeschool girl has a blog now :P
ReplyDeleteI'm in the 12th grade. Ummm, I'm looking into Benedictine college, Mount St. Mary's University, Belmont Abbey College, and the University of Dallas. What about you?