I realize that I have been terribly remiss about finishing up my tightwad prom post. Yes, I know proms are long over, but I want you all to see how well this whole tightwadding thing works. So basically I went to Goodwill, got this dress for $10, yes, you read right, $10! I had it dry-cleaned, and then I wore it to the prom.Just a quick note about accessories: I made my earrings several years, and my necklace was a gift from my grandmother. In the past I have worn a scarf or shawl over my shoulders (at least until I got there), but this year I couldn't find one that looked good. Basic accessories can be made completely glamorous, so be sure to shop your closet before you spend a whole lot of money.
I do my own hair and nails too. This hair style was a variation on Taylor Swift's messy, curly bun. You can look for pictures of hairstyles on the internet or see what sort of things your friends are doing with their hair. I also did my own french manicure. After a lot of practice I can do a pretty good job, and I figure no one is going to examine my finger nails to closely. You could also paint your nails the same color as your dress or choose a sparkly, contrasting color. Either way it is much cheaper to do your own nails than to have them done professionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment